Sunday, May 17, 2009

Oh Sweet Relief, You Have Come At Last...


Well, I just have one final exam left...Developmental psychology, which is this Wednesday. I am so relieved that I passed Human Body in Health and Disease with an A, and I was the student in the class with the highest grade...WOW what an honor! And I passed General Anatomy and Physiology with a B, which was what I was aiming for. I'm still waiting on my Written Comm score but I'm almost 100% it is also an A, and psych I know I will get an A in. WOO HOO! I can't explain in words how nerve-wracking this past month has been, but now, knowing how well I did, it is such a relief, and I am very proud.
This week I tell you...it seems like some supernatural force knows that I am just about to wrap up the semester, because all shit hits the fan! Just one example was the call I got Thursday morning from an old nurse friend I used to work with. She and her husband were in need of assistance seeing as the storm Wednesday night had knocked down their shed, so I graciously decided to go over there and help clean up the debris Thursday morning before class. There I am, tossing wood into the fire and about 3 feet away...her husband decides "hey, why bother going to the recycle center when I can just toss these glass bottles containing PAINT THINNER...into the fire?" Of course he's pretty old and senile, so he throws them in...me a mere 3 feet away...with no clue, because he gave me no warning! The next thing I know I hear this big KABOOM and suddenly my head feels like it's been split by a cord of firewood...I open my eyes and had a fantastic view of the sky. Well of course I could only see out of one of my eyes after that little episode! So I knew at that moment it was going to be one hell of a day...then I was late for class, and I was half way there when I realized (due to the clusterfucked day I was having) that I had forgotten my papers that I had to hand in! So I turned around, got home, grabbed my paper, and hauled ass to school. But in the end, everything turned out alright! I did well on my final exams, did well in my classes, and since all that stress had dissipated, I was finally able to get a good night's sleep! Of course without the constant supply of adrenaline and cortisol coursing through my veins, I feel like I don't have the energy to do *ANYTHING* now!
The weather was pretty decent today, bit chilly and windy, but the sun was out and that's really the most important thing! I've been trying to organize the pictures and videos I've took over the years...but I gave up. It's pretty hopeless to go through 10,000 photos and 500 home movies. I think maybe I'll just dump them all into one folder on the computer and delete any duplicates then arrange by type...That seems like the easiest option! And it seems like the gelatinous sludge seeping out of my ears (the junk encased in my cranium I like to refer to as my neural network) seems to be once again solidifying. So for all of you who were concerned, fear not my young pathogens...I mean patawons, for my brain is re-entacting!
Wow the creativity is rolling off my tongue now...I seem to be making up new words, yay! But laughter is a good sign, it means I am returning to normal. Watch out world, here comes Heidi! Woo hoo, I just checked the forecast and it is looking really promising! YAY! Although it might not be as warm as one could hope for, the sun will be shining through and that always seems to give me such positivity.
Well, I'm off to bed to recover from one of the most stressful weeks I've ever had (one of the many, just to be clear).

3 comments:

Easily Lost said...

I knew you would do fine on your finals. But then I am your mom, and everyone knows, that mom knows all :D
One more to get through, then you can rest and enjoy the summer.

Galaxy Echo said...

and rest I shall!

Diane said...

see you were stressing over nothing! all that studying came in handy huh?