Saturday, July 11, 2009

Hope

















Have you ever wondered if you were where you are supposed to be in life? Is there an actual direction we are supposed to take, and a destination we are supposed to reach? How will we know when we have arrived? Seems like a pretty deep night tonight. I don't feel like myself. Usually I am a person full of hope and faith, but not tonight. It seems bitter, full of despair and disappointment, with an absence of self-confidence. I just got done talking to my best friend, and this may sound crazy, but her and I have been best friends for a LONG time, and it seems like the past few years, her and I have been alternating. What I mean by that is, when something bad happens to her, I can bet that something bad is about to happen to me, like fate has it that we are taking turns. But now...now it seems like we are both in sync with these concurrent negative events, like some evil force is working against us to see how much we can take until we crack. We haven't yet, but sometimes I do wonder if it is all really just a matter of time. But then something good happens that brings back a bit of hope, but all hope does is delay the inevitable disappointment. Right now I wonder which is better, to have your hopes constantly crushed, or to live in a world full of pointlessness and despair. Is despair when we cease to hope any longer? Is there really more to life, or is life truly just about existing? Something that we must complicate to appreciate its simplicity?

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

GE:
I'll tell 'ya one thing...if there is ANYTHING you can be sure of, it's that you will ALWAYS wonder "what if?" now and then.

In my 56 years here, I can say I've had times where I KNEW I was exactly where I was supposed to be, while other times, I SWEAR I was born in the WRONG CENTURY!

That's just part of discovering WHO we are in this marvelious adventure.

And it happens at ANY age.

Yes, there is ALWAYS more to life...thing is, do we want to look for it, or wait and hope "it" comes to US?

That is a damn fine post!

I love people who aren't afraid to think...and wonder...and dream.
Gives this old world some HOPE.

Well done!

:)